We are excited to share that starting this Sunday, April 11th we will return to holding the 8:30am worship service inside the Sanctuary. The 9:45am Journey service and 11:00am traditional service will remain outside on the south patio area for the time being. For all of our in-person worship services, both inside and outside, we will continue to enforce all COVID safe practices such as requiring face coverings, staying 6ft apart from anyone outside your household, and increased sanitization/disinfection of meeting/gathering spaces. We will also continue to offer an online worship service on YouTube, Facebook, and the church website for those not yet ready to be back in-person, traveling, and so you can share UUMC with your friends and family all around the globe!
Starting April 11th this will be the updated re-opening procedures
- Sunday 8:30am in-person worship service will be inside the Sanctuary with strict adherence to all COVID safe practices including…
- face coverings for all those in attendance
- social distancing (at least 6ft) from all those not in your household. Max capacity of our Sanctuary while maintaining social distancing is ~75 individuals.
- Ushers will seat you by household to maximize capacity so please sit where you are directed to. You will also be dismissed one row at a time.
- If you or anyone in your household has been sick in the last 48 hours we request that you stay home and worship with us online.
- Sunday 9:45am & 11am in-person worship services will remain outside as long as weather permits and no more than 100 people will be allowed at any one service. If weather is an issue, services will be not be re-located indoors but rather canceled with as much advanced notice as possible.
- The Wednesday morning and noon prayer services will be on hiatus until further notice
- Online service will continue as planned on YouTube, Facebook & the church website.
Weekday Office Hours, Small Groups, & Committee Meetings
- The church office will open and available Mon – Thursday 9am-12pm & 1pm – 4pm,& Fri. 9am-12pm. Weekday church/office business can continue to be handled remotely if possible and /or preferred.
- Committee & Small group meetings are encouraged to continue to meet remotely, but small groups (of 10 or less) that can meet inside in a designated meeting space while keeping 6ft apart for less than 60 minutes and follow all other social distancing guidelines as required by the church will be allowed.
- All Indoor meetings/gatherings must occur during posted office hours or have a UUMC Staff member present to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
- Small Groups (of 10 or less) are allowed to use the outdoor spaces (Garden, lawn, etc) at any time as long as all social distancing guidelines are being followed and with prior notification of the church office.
Ministry & Mission Groups
- No in-person programs or events other than essential services (i.e. food pantry & Bright Beginnings Learning Center).
Out of State Travel/Guests
- If you traveled outside the state of NM or have visitors from out of state, we recommend that you and your visitors quarantine for a 14 day period before you come to any church functions.
As always if you have any questions you can call the church office (575-522-8220), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or stop by during office hours (mon-thurs. 9am-12pm: 1pm-4pm & fri. 9am-12pm) and we will be happy to answer your questions or point you in the direction of someone who can.