In light of the progress our community, county, and state are making to decrease the spread of COVID, the leadership of the church has decided to move us into phase 2 of our re-opening procedures by allowing all small groups that want to resume in-person meetings and moving all of our Sunday worship services back inside for a season. Also, as of Friday, May 14th face masks will be optional inside & outside the church building for those who are fully vaccinated (per recent CDC and state of NM Guidelines)
We want to emphasize that over this last year we as a church have experienced tremendous growth in the areas of flexibility and adaptability. We recognize that at times it was hard and uncomfortable, but being forced into the realms of online and outdoor worship were valuable experiences that we will not let go of. So while we may be rejoicing at regaining some semblance of the “normal” we knew before Covid, we don’t want to forget all the great things that being outside our four walls can do towards reaching out to the community around us and expanding Christ’s kingdom here on Earth.
With all that in mind, UUMC will begin taking the following steps starting in May.
- All Sunday morning in-person worship services will relocate back indoors
- 8:30am & 11am Traditional Service in the sanctuary
- 9:45am Journey Praise service in the Fellowship Hall
- Online service will continue as planned on YouTube, Facebook & the church website on a one-week delay.
Weekday Office Hours, Small Groups, & Committee Meetings (as of May 1st)
- The church office has resumed normal office hours (Mon – Thursday 9am-12pm & 1pm – 4pm, & Fri. 9am-12pm). Weekday church/office business can continue to be handled remotely if possible and /or preferred.
- All Committee & small group meetings are welcome to meet inside the church building or outside as long as a meeting space/area with adequate capacity is available at that time.
- Committee & small group meetings/gatherings can occur outside of normal office hours as long as a member of the group meeting has been designated to be responsible for making sure all Covid safety guidelines are being followed (i.e face masks on, social distancing, etc.)
- Food and drink service at any committee or small group meeting is still prohibited.
- All requests for meeting spaces must be communicated to (preferably in writing), and approved by the church office to make sure as many requests as possible can be accommodated.
Ministry & Mission Groups
- In-person programs or events that can meet/gather in an area under current state recommend capacity limits are allowed to resume.
- Food and drink service at any event/program is still discouraged. However, requests to provide food or drink service at a specific event/program can be reviewed on a case by case basis.
As always if you have any questions you can call the church office (575-522-8220), email us (email@example.com), or stop by during office hours (mon-thurs. 9am-12pm: 1pm-4pm & fri. 9am-12pm) and we will be happy to answer your questions or point you in the direction of someone who can.