United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women (UMW) is one of UUMC’s greatest assets, and their efforts on behalf of worldwide and nearby missions inspire UUMC to greater heights every year. Annual mission studies led by the UMW continue to educate the congregation about mission fields and needs, as well as social concerns, in the US and abroad.
Monthly circle meetings feature insightful programs in addition to enjoyable fellowship. UMW members are encouraged to observe special seasons of prayer and self-denial and to participate in an annual reading program on current topics.
The UMW sponsors retreats for women, prepares meals and gives support to church families in times of illness or bereavement, sponsors a prayer chain for needs within the church, and honors church members with mission pins signifying a donation toward missions in the honoree’s name.
To learn more about our UMW, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
UMW Circles & Groups:
- Miriam Circle normally meets the second Tuesday of the month in Room A at 2:00 p.m. for fellowship, program and refreshments.
- Mary Martha Circle normally meets the third Tuesday of the month for potluck luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Established in 1968.
- Susanna Wesley Circle meets the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in members’ homes.
- Priscilla Circle meets the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in members’ homes.
- Anna Circle meets the 3rd Monday of each month @ 5:30pm in members homes
The purpose of the United Methodist Women is “to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.”